After I landed myself a John Lewis voucher through the survey reward site Valued Opinions, I spent hours searching for a little something to spend it on. I finally settled on on the YSL Rouge Volupte Shine lipstick in Pourpre Intouchable.
I find the YSL lipsticks to be a luxurious item that I wouldn't normally convince myself to purchase because of the price tag, but they receive such great reviews and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get myself £10 off.
Pourpre Intouchable is a stunning deep berry laced with shimmer. It's a sheer but buildable colour that glides onto the lips with ease, keeping them smooth and moisturised. I find that the shimmer in the bullet doesn't particularly translate onto the lips, creating a glossy appearance rather than the disco ball effect. I get about 2-3 hours wear out of this particular shade. It fades quickly when eating or drinking but reapplying is effortless.
Now let's talk packaging. It definitely reflects the price tag, housed in a gold casing and a band that is reflective of the colour inside. These lipsticks deserve to be out on display rather than thrown to the back of a drawer. I couldn't shell out £24 for one of these very often, but as a treat? It's worth it!


This is a beautiful shade! I think I want to pick up this shade when I decide to buy one of these lovely YSL lippies!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful shade and you're right getting YSL is such a luxurious treat :O). Xx
ReplyDeletehttp://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/
The prettiest packaging around! I'm asking for one of these for Christmas, can't wait to get my hands on it :) amazing pictures, Amy, that first one is incredible! Beautiful shade too!
ReplyDeleteClaudia xx
Beauty and the Chic
One of these beautiful lippies has been on the wishlist for ages! I agree, they're very expensive but the packaging is just too pretty and the product inside (secondary as it is) isn't bad either :p
ReplyDeleteI love the look of YSL lipsticks and this is a gorgeous shade.
ReplyDeletehttp://missbethanyx.blogspot.co.uk/
<3
So gorgeous! I would love one of these at some point but they are definitely only treat worthy or gift worthy, so expensive.
ReplyDeleteAmy x
-A Little Boat Sailing
-
I still haven't tried a YSL lipstick. I just can't decide on a color x
ReplyDeleteYSL lipsticks have the best packaging. That shade looks amazing as well.
ReplyDeleteIAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk
So so pretty! I have wanted to try one of the volupte shines for so long, this shade looks perfect for autumn. xx
ReplyDeleteI love picking up YSL lippies whenever I can. They are such a luxury and I just adore them!
ReplyDeleteThat colour is really lovely. :)
Hilary | MakeupbyHilary.com x
ooh i didn't realise valued opinions did john lewis vouchers, i always go for the amazon ones. this is such a gorgeous lipstick, i love the shade you chose. i think one of the reasons i've never forked out for a ysl lipstick is that they're all so pretty, its impossible to choose just one! xx
ReplyDeleteI've wanted to treat myself to a YSL lipstick for absolutely AGES… I just can't decide on a color! Though truthfully I want it mostly for the packaging, the colors they make really are stunning as well ;)
ReplyDelete♥Cassie
thriftthick.blogspot.com
Oh wow this is soooo gorgeous on you Amy, I love the packaging so much... everything is so beautiful xx
ReplyDeleteGemma | Miss Makeup Magpie
This is so gorgeous on you!
ReplyDeletexx
Such a gorgeous colour! x
ReplyDeleteameliaheart.blogspot.co.uk
I love their packaging so much... So pretty, the shade is gorgeous too
ReplyDeletelove victoriajanex
x
Gorgeous shade! One day I'll treat myself to one of these...x
ReplyDeleteEvelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves
These YSL lipsticks are DEF. a treat for beauty gals, but oh my lanta, what a treat! You picked a gorgeous shade and now I want it! I always end up loving the packaging to much to use the lipstick inside, haha
ReplyDelete- Jess
The Mod Mermaid
What a nice colour on you! I have two of the ysl lipstick and I absolutly love them, lucky you that you got them £10 off
ReplyDeletehttp://welldressed25.blogspot.co.uk/
Look beautiful on you!
ReplyDeleteKah-Feh Yen