The Sunnyside bubble bar is probably one of Lush's most intimidating products. It is absolutely covered in glitter. The bar I received actually came in a set and most had rubbed off in the box, but it was still difficult to touch without drowning in glitter - I actually had to keep this in a sandwich bag!
But messiness aside, I am so happy I received this! I was slightly hesitant at popping it in the bath at first, and normally with bubble bars I use them in little bits. However, I found that Sunnyside was really difficult to crumble and I ended up using the whole thing. I wasn't expecting it to have such a lovely scent but it's very fresh and citrusy, one that I really enjoy in bath products.
My favourite thing about Sunnyside was definitely the water. It turns into a pure golden colour with fine shimmer running through it - just like liquid gold! I found it pretty difficult to capture on camera, but it was mesmerising in person. A whole bar also provided me with a huge quantity of bubbles (you can't beat a good bubble bath!) and although there was residue left over after emptying, a quick blast of water and it was easily removed.
After having such a glamorous bath with this bubble bar, I won't hesitate to pick one up in future when I fancy a bit of a pamper! Have you tried Sunnyside, or have you stayed well away like I had?


I've got this one waiting to be used, I might use it next now as it sounds lovely. I love a bit of glitter :)
ReplyDeleteGreat post and the top picture is pretty
xxx
Honestly I was so scared to use it but it's one of my favourites now, can't wait to pick it up again :) xxx
DeleteAh this looks amazing. And sounds like it smells lovely :) are bath products out of the question with the spending ban? Cause I want this!!! Xx
ReplyDeleteHaha! Once I run out of my current bits I might just have to treat myself to it again, spending ban or not! :) xx
DeleteI love this bubble bar, I *think* it might be fav <3 I love buying it when I want to feel like a mermaid haha!
ReplyDeleteIt's definitely up there with my favourites, I'd be gutted if they discontinued it!
DeleteCombine Sunnyside with Big Blue for 'mermaid water'. You'll get a beautiful deep green with shimmery waves. The combination is also perfect for moisturising the skin and leaves you feeling super super soft :)
ReplyDeleteRoxy's Box of Tricks
xxx
Ooh thanks for the tip Roxy! I'm still yet to try Big Blue as I prefer the scent of The Comforter but will definitely be giving this a go in future! :) xx
DeleteNever even heard of this bubble bar so I'll definitely need to check it out :) I always get really scared off the LUSH products that contain glitter out of fear of looking like a glitterball afterwards haha this doesn't sound too bad though! xx
ReplyDeleteAbby | Beauty and a Blogger
The glitter is so intimidating haha! It ends up looking so nice in the water though! xx
DeleteOh wow, that bath looks amazing! One of the things I miss about living away from home is not having a bath to throw some lush goodies into! I always stock up for my trips home, must try this one next!
ReplyDeletewww.SamuelJamesMorris.com
I would be so gutted if I didn't have a bathtub! You can't beat a Lush bath in my opinion!
Deletethis is so lovely! Nothing wrong with a bit glitter every now again ;) I so wish I had a bath so I could use things like this :( I can't wait try lush for the first time x
ReplyDeletepeachycurves.blogspot.co.uk
I keep forgetting that some people don't have baths, how annoying! Hope you get to try some Lush goodies soon :) x
DeleteI haven't tried this before, but it sounds perfect for a lazy morning bath! x
ReplyDeleteEvelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves
I very rarely have a bath in the morning but I agree! xx
Delete